Today I thought I’d share a fairy garden I created with my 4 and 5 year old daughters out of cereal boxes and Popsicle sticks. It was a lot of fun to make and very easy to do so would be a great craft that you could do with kids. Maybe not the most glamorous fairy house you’ll ever see, but still a lot of fun and a great easy way to get the kids involved!
Here’s what you’ll need to make it:
- 1 cereal box
- Popsicle Sticks
- Jewels/Buttons/etc. For Decorating
Here are the Step by Step Directions to Create This Simple Fairy House:
- Step 1: Cut the front of the cereal box in two pieces, the length of a Popsicle stick. Fold each piece of cardboard in half. Tape the pieces of the cardboard together to form a cube.
- Step 2: Paint the inside of your cube with a primer to cover the cereal box. I used Gesso.
- Step 3: Spread Glue Evenly on one side of the cube. Arrange Popsicle sticks side by side, pressy gently yet firmly. Allow to dry. Continue to repeat this process for each of the sides.
- Step 4: Make a door for your house by arranging the Popsicle sticks in a door shape and gluing supportive sticks across. Once the fairy house is in the dirt, press your door into the dirt.
- Step 5: Decorate!
Here is what it looks like finished:
Note: Not pictured here, but my daughters also made some simple furniture for their houses – a bed out of scrap fabric, chairs out of buttons. I’ll try to post some photos of those eventually. Really cute stuff!
If you make a fairy house similar to this one, I would LOVE to see it! Please do link to your projects in the comments section below! And of course if you have any questions do ask – I am always happy to answer any questions you might have about creating your very own cereal box-Popsicle stick fairy house!